Monday 14 November 2016

WILLIAM BLAKE’S THE CRYSTAL CABINET


The maiden caught me in the wild,
Where I was dancing merrily;
She put me into her cabinet,
And lock’d me up with a golden key.

This cabinet is form’d of gold
And pearl and crystal shining bright,
And within it opens into a world
And a little lovely moony night.

Another England there I saw,
Another London with its Tower,
Another Thames and other hills,
And Another pleasant surrey bower,

Another Maiden like herself,
Translucent, lovely, shining clear,
Three fold each in the other clos’d-
O, what a pleasant trembling fear!

O, what a smile! a threefold  smile
Fill’d me, that like a flame I burn’d;
I bent to kiss the lovely maid,
And found a threefold kiss return’d.

I strove to seize the inmost form
With ardour fierce and hands of flame,
But burst the crystal cabinet,
And like a weeping Babe became-

A weeping Babe upon the wild,
And weeping woman pale reclin’d,
And in the outward air again

I fill’d with woes the passing wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUEEN REGINA ACE

       Queen Regina Ace Platinum minstrel jewel-encrusted gemstone   sculptress, dawn usher   This poem was written by Howard Ke...